Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 27: Mom

November 27th, 2013
Today I am grateful for the opportunity and job I have as Mom.  I am grateful that a life's dream is realized in my two little cherubs.  I have always known I was going to be a mom.  My mom would insert the story here of when I was little, 5 maybe, I didn't have make believe friends, I had make believe kids, 4 to be exact.
It hasn't always been easy, which has been hard for me to question something that I felt so concreat about.  I am looking forward to the days when they are a little older, I think I will enjoy every aspect a bit more. Nevertheless, I am grateful for my role as mother and to have two such blessings that call me that.
I surprisedyself the other day. I overheard, walked by a conversation of two young women that were discussing all the draw backs of being a mom.  They were seriously considering not having children because of saggy boobs, untoned abs, and other such body characteristics after having children (you know what I mean).  I immediately leapt to the defense of "but when they look at you in the middle of the night while feeding them and they give you that ' you are my whole world look" or when they first utter mamma, or when nothing else comforts them but the simple tone of your voice or a stroke of your hand you forget and forgive all that other stuff.  Doesn't even count.  Surprised even myself.  So today, I am grateful for all of it, the good, the bad, the painful, the hard and the great, all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment