Monday, April 15, 2013

A Mommy Date

Today could have been a total loss, but I chose to make use of it! I had to come to Loveland early, for something that turned out to only take 15 minutes. It would have been a waste to drive back to Longmont just to turn right back around. I chose, yes chose, to go work out instead. Who is this person who is emerging? I could have used to think of a hundred things I would rather do than work out, but these days it is at the top of my list everyday. I went to a new rec center and went swimming. I enjoyed myself and now that is off the list for today. The question of dinner was next, hmm. Mommy Date! It used to feel so strange going to a restaurant by myself, but now it feels like an opportunity. I enjoy a quiet meal of my choosing. Anywhere I want to go, however long I want to stay. Dating myself is very important. I do so much for everyone and everything else, it is really nice to give back to me. The gift of time is so important, and today I chose to spend it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment