Sunday, August 4, 2013

I came I saw I TRIed!


They say your first Triathlon is like your first hit of heroin, addicting and a high that you chase for the rest of your life.  Well, I would have to agree.  I feel AMAZING!!!!!!  I did really well, surprised myself and had a great time doing it.  2 hours 2 minutes and 12 seconds of hands down the most amazing personal experience and journey I have ever experienced.  Meeting my husband, falling in love, getting married and having two wonderful children are all incredible experiences, but they involve so many other outside things and people that they are just different.  This Tri was all about...ME!
I started this journey so many years ago and today it all culminated in me completing something that for so long seemed completely unlikely and dare I say impossible?  4 months ago I hadn't ran in more than 12 years, and my only running history was gym class in high school. I only ever remember having run one non stop mile.  4 months ago, swimming 200 meters was ALL I could do, and had never swam in open water.  Top it all off, I hadn't sat on my bike in more than 6 years.  Today, I swam more than 750 meters in a reservoir, biked 12 miles and then ran a 5K!  I didn't run the whole thing but I did run almost the entire 1st mile (all up hill), a good portion of the 2nd and the ENTIRE 3rd mile!  This on the heels of a freak injury Friday where think I may have broken my pinkie toe

I have overcome so much, faced down so many demons and truly learned to quiet that voice in my head that makes me doubt myself.  The lessons I learned from my journey this summer will serve me well going forward the next 60 years. 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”



Thank you to the best friend a girl could ask  for . Thank you for letting me train so much this summer and take so much time away from you and the kids. 
Thank you mom for watching the children today so that I could fulfill this amazing goal! Thank you for supporting me and I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment