Friday, December 7, 2012

The 32nd Year

I have contemplated starting a blog for months. There are many reasons why I haven't until now, but now, on my 32nd birthday, it is time. I have done quite a bit of work on myself this past year, and through this I have found I have a voice. I can say with confidence now that I truly believe I am interesting and have a lot to say. As an exercise in using my new found voice, I have chose to give myself a gift this year. A blog is the perfect vehicle. So, read, don't read, enjoy, don't enjoy, what have you. I am publishing this for me. It is My Journey to Simplicity.
I am a woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and nurse. I am the primary provider in my household. I provide for my family by working as a nurse in a hospital. I enjoy running my household as well. I enjoy cleaning, organizing and turning a house into a home. "Backyard Homesteading" describes one of the journeys I am on. Gardening, chicken farming, canning and preparing are key words. I am discovering a love for cooking, and enjoy trying new recipes often. I have two beautiful children. Finding fun activities to maximize their childhood brings me joy. I have been married to the love of my life, my best friend for 7 beautiful years. Being his wife, and supporting him in all of his endeavors fulfills me.
I will be blogging each day, or not. Whatever I feel led to do. I will write about whatever moved me on that particular day. Topics will include any of the aspects of my life listed above.
I am very pleased that my journey had led me here. I am so excited what the future holds for me, and my life!
My goals for this, my 32nd year include living an authentic, intentional life. Through this I will find my simplicity. I hope they this blog will help me define what that looks like to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment