Thursday, November 14, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 14: M&Y

November 14h, 2013
Today I am grateful for my Meditation and Yoga practices.  On m journey this year these are two things I have fought hard to develop. They aren't hard wired yet but are getting close. If you opened my eyes and plopped me in the middle of my day, some day in the future, I could tell you if I had started that day with a little yoga and meditation just by how I felt and my control over my thoughts.
It is really hard to sit sill and be silent without having racing thoughts for a whole 10 minutes.  Really hard.  But even if I try, I feel different the rest of my day.  If I start my day by giving myself time, putting me first, filling my cup, putting on my oxygen mask, then the rest of the day I am not looking to anything or anybody to fill that space, and I can more freely serve my mission: to serve others with my WHOLE heart.  ALL of my roles in my life are about serving: woman, wife, mother, nurse...but I must first be whole and full to then serve others, otherwise what I serve is empty and undesirable.  Mediation and Yoga are two of the things that helps me fill and I am so grateful I discovered these practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment