Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 28: Thanksgiving

November 28th, 2013
Today I am grateful for today!  I love Thanksgiving.  It is my single favorite holiday.  It is the only holiday, in my opinion, that are based on facts that nobody can argue whether really happened (no matter how grusem the real story).  There are no consumer requirements for Thanksgiving (see tomorrow's post about consumerism), and the holiday is truly about coming together with the ones you love, friends and family, having a nice meal, and being thankful for it all.  I love all the fall decorations, the sound of the crunching leaves as you walk through doorways with arms full of delicious dishes, the best kind of pot lucking.  
Since I can remember we have had one very stable and traditional Thanksgiving.  I know that my aunt won't always be able to host, we won't always have the same rosebud dishes to eat off of, the familar clink of the china glasses as the ice hits them, but every year we are still here I revel in knowing that this is Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for my life, the sense of stability and consistancy and the tradition of it all. I am so grateful both of my children get to experience it, and the tradition gets to be past down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment