Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 20: Lucky's

November 20th, 2013
It may seem like a strange thing but I am grateful for our newest grocery store in town, Lucky's.  It is a independently owned grocery store that started in Boulder.  I was very skeptical when they started building it, thinking, we already have 5 other kinds of grocery stores, what is this all about?  Well, I went to the grand opening out of curiosity and was blown away!  Awesome market type of little grocer, not so big that it is intimidating, and since they have been open (Labor Day) they have knock your socks off deals each week.  I make a (almost) weekly trip to Lucky's because of these deals.  This week I FILLED a cart (and they are deep carts) with fruits and veggies and walked out for $50.  This is a type of Boulder, hippie, organic, grass fed kind of grocery store. I don't think I have ever gotten my dollar to stretch further.
I'm sure someday they will have such a loyal following that they will have weekly "good" deals, and that the knock your socks off variety will be gone, but for now I will plan my week around weekely double ad Wednesdays and figuring out how to store 30 lbs of russet potatoes because they were only $0.88 per 5 lbs bag.  Anybody want a baked potato? 

No comments:

Post a Comment