Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 19: Being Alone

November 19th, 2013
Today I am grateful for time alone. It may come at weird times, I sometimes have to steal it, but I am always grateful for it.  I realized when I got married just how much I did appreciate time to myself and being alone. It became amplified when I had kids.  I love being a wife and a mom.  I do love the times when it's just me.  I often stay up late to have some "me" time.  Tonight, I fell asleep on the couch and instead of waking up and going to bed, I chose to take my time as my family sleeps.  I did some chores, filed some papers, and took out the trash.  All of those mundane tasks are somehow GLORIOUS when I can just take out the trash and not look behind me to make sure that Logan didn't climb out the dog door , or come back in and wonder why Annabelle is crying.
 I am now catching up on my gratitude posts, while taking a bath.  Yes it's 3 am, but hey I will take it where I can get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment