Monday, November 4, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 4: Job

November 4th, 2013

Today I am grateful for my job.  I am grateful to have a job.  Two at that!  God has positioned me well and keeps me out of harms way.  In this economy, with so much unknown and uncertainty, I feel fairly secure that I can provide an income for my family.  It may not be the days I want, the location or the hours, but I can find a job.  I imagine things are going to get even tighter and more difficult in healthcare in the coming years, but I feel well positioned to be in demand.  
I am grateful it is a job that means something and even my worst day couldn't be as bad as some of my patients.  I am grateful for the times I get to see how my small contributions are appreciated.
Tonight when I got to work I received a letter in my mailbox that gave me goosebumps.  Earlier this year I had the opportunity to partake in a horrific case that ended up in a organ donation.  The letter gave us follow up information on where the organs ended up and how those patients are doing. It gave me a great sense of gratitude that our work directly positively affected so many.  This is probably only a small representation of all the times that my work doesn't get recognized, but has the same outcome.  Makes me feel really good inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment