Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gratitude Journal Day 2: Health

Today I am grateful for my health. I appreciate that I can get out of bed independently and carry about my day how I chose. I can do whatever I want within my bodies capabilities. One of the things that sent me down this health and fitness path this year was a patient I encountered last winter. Outwardly she looked very healthy. No grave disability, but she just kept complaining about how hard it was to be her and what "pain" she felt. I was touched very deeply by her. She couldn't do anything because of her perception and attitude. What was my excuse? Because I didn't "feel" like it? That is not a good reason. There are plenty of people in this world that truly cannot do because of physical limitations, then there are that will not do because of mental limitations. I was somewhere in between. Today, I am grateful that I can and feel like getting out of bed early, doing my wonderful sun salutations, meditating then working out before I go to work. I am very grateful for my "can do" spirit that has overtaken me this year, and that I give myself this time each day before I serve everyone else. I am grateful I am whole, healthy and able bodied.

No comments:

Post a Comment